Just a note...Our video for "Son of a Preacher Man" was nominated for best video in the Los Angeles Music awards, which took place at the House of Blues on 11/18/99. We didn't win, but we were glad to be nominated.
kaRIN has contributed some guest voices to platEAU which is cEvin Key's latest project. The "voices" were extracted from a couple of jam sessions. The album is mostly instrumental, with the vocals as just a part of the music. Sort of eclectic experimental. As cEvin says, music designed for those "in-between spaces".
We finally have our own domain name... thanks goes out once again to Jessica Marcus and Ennui Networks for the immense help, and for providing space and relocating and revamping our website. Please update your bookmarks to http://www.collide.net/ and come by to visit if you have not been by in awhile.
We chose the song "Predator" off of their latest album FLAvour of the Weak -- kaRIN provides guest vocals. It was released on their remix CD entitled "Re-Wind".
The track list is as follows...
- Predator (cease & destroy-mix)
- Aftermath (we shall all perish-mix)(unreleased)
- Electrocution (shocker-mix)
- Life (suck it up-mix)
- Oblivion (was it worth it-mix)
- Colombian Necktie (loosed lips)
- Comatose (re-entry-mix)
- Comatose (grisha-mix by Front 242)
- Predator (final-mix by Collide)
- Evil Playground (tim schuldt remix)
- Life=Leben (different life=anderes leben) remix by kalte farben
- Comatose (mix 2.0) by eat static
- Comatose Necktie (remix by Cydonia)
- Auto-Erotic (remixed by fini tribe)
A compilation to benefit cat leukemia released and conceived by Projekt Records. We are very pleased to be contributing our version of "Felix the Cat" to this benefit CD. Sadly, this is a subject very close to our hearts, as two of our three cats are diagnosed with kitty leukemia. All of the proceeds will go to the Treehouse no-kill shelter in Chicago. The artists appearing will be as follows:
- Tara Vanflower (of Lycia)
- Faith & The Muse
- Shotgun Wedding (featuring Lynn/Brendan of Mx7)
- The Read Letter
- Thomas Thorn (of the Electric Hellfire Club)
- Stone 588
- The Changelings
- Dead Leaves Rising
- Black Tape for a Blue Girl
Finally, our Sound/Video page is up and running. Thanks to Jessica Marcus for the immense help and space. Available for viewing is a clip from our now complete video for Son of a Preacher Man, plus our remix of Front Line Assembly's Predator. As for the video, lets just say... an isolation tank, some wacky strawberries, some cowboys, (one of them the original writer of the song), a penguin and a big pink pig... sound interesting?