Monday, March 25, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
ABSOLUTE GRRRLS MANIFESTO
We are happy to announce that one of our songs, "Chaotic" (Oxidized) - Remixed by DJO2, from "Bent and Broken" will be appearing on the upcoming compilation "Absolute Grrrls Manifesto". It's a 4 CD set. There's so much to this release that it's best to see their mini-site dedicated to this release
"Absolute Grrrls Manifesto" is the ultimate anthology of female fronted bands from the alternative / underground music scene and its various subgenres (gothic metal, new wave, industrial, pop rock, electro, synth pop, EBM, techno...). This 4CDs collection (plus a 40-song additional soundcard) presents an unbelievable 111 (!!) bands in a deluxe carton box with an extensive 32-page booklet featuring the splendid design of Oliver Haecker (bastart-worx.de) with photos from all featured bands and an essay about the place of women in the music industry.
Featuring a real, "who is who" artist selection amongst the greatest female vocalists active in the scene across the world, it is clear to see why this compilation has been qualified by many as the ultimate anthology of female voices from the dark gothic / industrial / electro scene! ALL together to defend our beloved music scene and prove that the female gender from our alternative scene has much to offer in quality, emotion and diversity!
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
We've been working on something rather exciting lately. We've been going back through all of our computer back-ups, tape back-ups, DATs, old files, and old computers.
We've compiled instrumental versions of our entire album collection. This also includes our Secret Meeting album and singles. On most of the albums, we have also included an unreleased song, or remix. As far as we know, this isn't anything that any band has ever done, as far as an entire catalog of music goes.
The best part? Each download is only $4.99. These will only be available on our own store, Noiseplus Music.
We've also put up our original demo of The Crimson Trial, which was previously only available on long lost cassette versions.
The complete list of new downloads are:
1. The Crimson Trial
2. Beneath the Skin - Instrumentals
3. Distort - Instrumentals (Includes instrumental versions of both "Beneath the Skin (Constrictor Mix) & "Beneath the Skin" (Pulse MIx), both of which both original versions were only available on the Skin EP, and "Deep" (Guitar Only) (a previously unreleased Mix)
4. Chasing the Ghost - Instrumentals
5. Some Kind of Strange - Instrumentals (Includes the previously unreleased instrumental track "Rebuilt", which was recorded during the Some Kind of Strange recording sessions
6. Vortex - Instrumentals - (Includes the previously unreleased mix of "Somewhere" (Solara's Place) remixed by Statik)
7. Two Headed Monster - Instrumentals (Includes the previously unreleased instrumental track "Cherry", which was recorded during the Some Kind of Strange recording sessions
8. The Secret Meeting Ultrashiver - Instrumentals
9. The Secret Meeting Shiver X - Instrumentals - (Includes four new non-instrumental mixes; "Piano Perception Mix" by Tweaker Ray, "Heavenly Creatures' Cellar Mix" by Doctor Ohm, "Naked Highway Mix" by Sy Boccari, and "Dariusz Kujawa Mix" by Kujawa (Bane))
10. Shooting Laser Beams - Instrumentals
and also previously available:
11. These Eyes Before - Instrumental and Acapella
12. Counting to Zero - Instrumental and Acapella
13. Bent and Broken - Instrumentals
Labels: Vortex, the crimson trial, instrumentals, two headed monster, the secret meeting, Chasing the Ghost, these eyes before, counting to zero, Distort, Beneath the Skin, Some Kind of Strange, ultrashiver
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
Side Line review Bent and Broken
Side Line reviews Bent and Boken. Thanks to Elise Din for the review. Check it out here.
...Over now to the remixes on the 1st disc. There are several remarkable and even outstanding pieces. The remix of “Mind Games” by Skinny Puppy’s cEvin Key and Ken Marshall is a slow opener, but with deep resonating vibes and again the essential, sensual vocals of kaRIN. The “Great Apes Mix” of “In The Frequency” is more into solid guitar riffs, showing a real transposition of the original song. The Black Sheep also did a good job with the remix of “Pure Bliss”. It’s a kind of ghost-like version with a great progression. But the best remix is the one by Statik himself! He deserves the award of best remix on this disc for “Mind Games”. It sounds pretty industrial-dub like while I also like a kind of scratching sound treatment. Statik contributed to some other remixes as well and in the end it all becomes clear that you can’t be better served than by yourself!
Friday, November 16, 2012
Bite Me reviews Bent and Broken
"Bent And Broken is a stellar release in which Collide manages to create their own audio universe with a little help from their friends. The remixes retain the band’s signature stamp while elevating the songs to a new sonic plane. Fans will be pleased and darkly-inclined music lovers will have a new group to add to their repertoire."
Read the entire review here. Thanks to Nikki for the write up.